WHO IS NANA ABOSOMAKOTRE?
Nana Abosomakotre is a revered traditional spiritualist stationed at Wenchi in the Brong Ahafo region of Ghana.
Nana Abosomakotre who is a Muslim by faith has a religious name Musah Mohammed. He is a native of Wa in the Upper West region.
Nana Abosomakotre, as he is popularly known is a nickname his admirers have given him because of the potency, accuracy and efficacy of his paranormal powers.
Nana was taken into the bush by dwarfs when he was 10 years and then a student in elementary school.
Search parties sent into the bush could not find him. Though he could see the search party while on the mountain, he could not speak to any of them. His parents nearly gave up thinking that he had died since his absence from physical living took almost 8years.
These years on the mountains with the dwarfs were the time for his spiritual training in divination, herbalogy,cultural protocols and healing education
The dwarfs finally brought him home after 8 years in the bush. Nana was indeed fortified spiritually when he was returned into the physical living to begin his great works.
Nana has achieved many success with his powers in helping many people and communities. He has impacted the lives of people and communities.
Among some of the feats are the following:
1. Nana ‘s ability to travel to Tamale from Accra spiritually with physically boarding normal transport. He is the only spiritual man who disappeared from Accra to Tamale without boarding a vehicle. This happened during a
Conference for Spiritual personnel to elect the best spiritual man in Ghana. So all the spiritual men congratulated Nana
and appointed him the beat spiritual man in Ghana since none of them could not do that.
2. Nana Abosomakotre ‘s feat of controlling rainfall. This feat occurred at the grandfather’s funeral rites when the occasion was threatened by bad weather indicating rainfall.
The wonderful part of the story is that, Nana used ash to make a circle around the whole funeral grounds. The rain fell severely
on that day but the ash Nana used in making the circle prevented even a drop of water from falling into the funeral grounds. The funeral rites did take place successfully.
3. His ability of cooking rice for mass consumption about 300 people during a conference in Accra with egg shells. The people did not believe how it happened till today.
4. Nana’s ability to overpower witchcraft, witches and wizards and all negative forces.
5. One of Nana’s feat is about dispensing justice to a chief who did bad adjudication against him at his court. Nana cursed the chief so that he could not get up from his stool at the palace for bias judgments. It took about a day before Nana made sacrifice to release the chief from his predicaments.
Website Courtesy of Prekese Media Inc (Int Center for African Culture & Arts,USA)